[SATLUG] OT: Broadband cards

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:36:35 CDT 2008

I am looking for recommendations on which service to use for a
broadband card. I'm kinda picky, so I might not find the perfect
solution, but I was hoping some people here might have some
suggestions.

It has to be USB because it will be used on varios boxes and not all
of them have PCMCIA.
It has to work with Linux. Ubuntu at least, but other distros would be good too.
Speed is not super important, but faster is always better.
The service must be affordable. $50/mo seems a lot to me, but thats
seems to be the norm, so around there is okay.
No "hidden" bandwith caps on the service. I know they all advertise
"unlimited" but there are always stories of people being cut off.

Any suggestions? Might not be able to match them all, but the more the
better. I've looked at Sprint, and it seems to be okay, but I wonder
if you guys know of any other good options to compare.

Thanks

-Jon