[SATLUG] Preferred web frontend?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Jun 13 00:06:32 CDT 2008

On 6/12/08, Brian wrote:

>  Anything with "nuke" in the name is garbage. If your looking for
>  something easy to setup and maintain, might I suggest something like
>  wordpress? Its actually able to handle quite a bit and has plugins
>  out the wazoo. Another popular and highly recommended CMS type
>  solution is drupal. I have a couple sites setup using both and have
>  had no problems,  so long as it is kept up to date.

The big problem with both WordPress and Drupal is that they are
security nightmares.  They are two of the most commonly targeted
pieces of software in the community, and even if you do stay as
up-to-date as physically possible, the odds that you'll get hit with
multiple zero-day vulnerabilities is still pretty good.

I wouldn't run either of these pieces of software unless you're ready
to sit dead center of a huge target with a big bullseye painted on
your butt, and you are confident that you can adequately defend
yourself 24x7x365.