[SATLUG] Preferred web frontend?

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Fri Jun 13 00:08:12 CDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:42:56 -0500
Brian <astro at astr0.org> wrote:

> Anything with "nuke" in the name is garbage. If your looking for
> something easy to setup and maintain, might
> I suggest something like wordpress? Its actually able to handle
> quite a bit and has plugins out the wazoo. Another popular and
> highly recommended CMS type solution is drupal. I have a couple sites
> setup using both and have had no problems,  so long as it is kept up
> to date.

I've developed extensions for Joomla and Xoops. I don't recommend
either to people I like. I've heard good things about Drupal as well
and I liked Wordpress when I used it. Both Drupal and Wordpress have
had security vulnerabilities in the past. Both projects have responded
quickly, but people have had databases and/or servers compromised from
not keeping things up to date.

Also, take care in selecting extensions, no matter what you go with.
Those aren't necessarily checked for security vulnerabilities like the
base product and the reporting of vulnerabilities generally isn't as
loud.