[SATLUG] Re: Linux Games: SATLUG Digest, Vol 52, Issue 60

Marc Ripley misteratomic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 08:58:02 CDT 2008

OH GOOD FREAKING LORD!!!

How can my fellow penguinos not mention Spring TA in this noteworthy list???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(computer_game)

Remember Total Annihilation?
This is a rewrite of that fantastic game written so most modern
platforms can play it natively.

I use my linux box to play it against my friends who have not jumped from XP.
It actually plays better in linux as I can boost the graphics and have
faster frame rates with additional eye candy.

Oh, and ETQW is a shining example of a company having both xp/vista,
mac, and linux clients.
Hey, is there not a native linux client for Freespace as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freespace

Hold on there.  On you list you have the latest UT game?  I thought
the linux client was bogged down in some legal muck.

Marc R.