[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] Data Recovery help!

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 15 18:26:47 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 12:47 -0500, Tweeks wrote:
[...]
> > > Tweeks
> > > p.s. You might want to invest in one of these.. I got mine for Xmas and
> > > have already used it to save several people's "assets"... ;)
>
> Sorry.. forgot the link:
> 	http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002
>
> I've saved a lot of data (including some of my own at work) with this
> thing. :)
>
> Tweeks

If you're in a hurry and don't want to pay for fast shipping, these
gizmos are sold at Altex - I've gotten them that convert SATA to IDE and
USB, and one that mounts a laptop SATA drive via USB, and they all work
just fine with Knoppix (which I generally use for saving off critical
data to other media on my home kit).

Al Castanoli