[SATLUG] Linux Client DNS Hostname Lookup Problem (reverse dns)

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:22:35 CDT 2008

cat /etc/resolv.conf

and see if that matches your home network's DNS or the network's DNS
where your laptop is plugged in.  As a temporary fix, edit the file
and add your DNS servers for whatever network you're plugged into at
the moment.

Normally this file is rewritten according to your dhcp lease (i think
Ubuntu uses dhclient?) but in some cases I have found that I need to
rewrite it to be able to resolve.

Hope that helps!

FIRESTORM_v1