[SATLUG] Linux Client DNS Hostname Lookup Problem (reverse dns)

jaret jaret at aberlorn.com
Wed Jun 18 10:01:58 CDT 2008

Good try but resolv.conf looks good... however the network admin thinks
the problem is my laptop has ip6 protocols rather than ip4, which is
what the windows-based DNS is on. Does that sound about right?  If it
does, are there any commands I could run to add support fairly easily?

In Ubuntu, my Network Settings, Tab Hosts, had these entries for ip6
(and none for ip4)
::1   ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0  ip6-localnet
ff02::0  ip6-mcastprefix