[SATLUG] OpenSUSE 11

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 19 09:35:59 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 08:42 -0500, John Kirby wrote:
> I've played around with 10.3 a little bit. If 11 works on my Dell, you won't
> be the only OpenSUSE user here.
>
> Maybe it can come through for me where Ubuntu, Mepis, Mandriva, Linux Mint,
> and PCLinuxOS couldn't.

Speaking of OpenSUSE on a Dell, I've had easy installs of OpenSUSE 11 on
a Lattitude D620 and on Inspirons 8500 and 9400.  They all picked up on
the Intel WiFi card on first boot.  I did have to upgrade graphics
drivers for the boxen that run Nvidia graphics accelerators, but the ATI
worked fine from the start. While I prefer the command line to pointy
clicky GUI admin tools, YaST is probably the best of such tools I've
ever used, and does everything SMIT was supposed to do.

Al Castanoli