[SATLUG] Drive ID Change (sdx vs hdx)

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Jun 19 11:02:22 CDT 2008

>most important name in the box got silently changed. My criticism is
>valid I believe. The OS knows why it failed, if they can change the
>device name they sure as hell should change the direction of an error
>code, I say a pox on lazyness, Yeah the change was free and auto-updated
>but that COST how many man-hours of user frustration in lost time? I
>spent over a day ... but then it's hard to be dumb! ... </RANT>> herb
Silently changed, I wonder? I don't use ubuntu, however, their web page
flags (in red) and suggests reading "upgrade notes" and "release notes" for
the version you are using and/or planning to use. A few minutes reading
upfront could save many minutes downstream (or midstream if a problem
is encountered).        Lou