[SATLUG] DDRmemory cooling

Brian astro at astr0.org
Thu Jun 19 14:50:49 CDT 2008

Actually of you take the proper precautions when purchasing parts for
your rig when you build it, you spend about the same, and get better
cooling. You can buy an aluminum case pre modded with loads of fans
etc for the same price as a standard case with "default" cooling.

Also, when buying a CPU, you generally have to buy a fan, etc as well,
so your not really throwing your money away, you are already going to
spend it. Buy the "bmw" of fans, etc and be done with it, or if
cooling is that big a problem, go big and use watercooling. Of all the
cooling methods I've tried (including a box fan blowing into the
case), nothing beats it. Just check your seals and stand back the
first time you fire your rig up :)

Sent from my iPhone