[SATLUG] 13 year old needs computer to run Linux

Dee denimndiamonds at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 01:10:19 CDT 2008

I have several old computers here at my house let me know if you wanna come
by look and see what i have or what you could use I have parts as well power
supplies Mobo's processors and some memory HD's that is why i say come by
look and see what you could use or need Just let me know can get you a phone
number or address that is np

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Chris Lemire <good_bye300 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello, the girl I met has a 9 year old brother who is very interested in
> computers and programming. He's created websites. He asked me a few
> questions. His family shares one computer, so I thought if anyone would give
> away an old p2 computer or even parts, he could have an older computer that
> would run Puppy Linux. If he gets parts, I can contribute many. I have a
> Gateway 2000 that quit working, but I'm sure there are a lot of resusable
> parts in it. I used to have to give it a good kick to make it continue
> booting and text to scroll on the screen when it was stuck at the Gateway
> 2000 logo. Despite all the cooling it had, the hardware was very unstable,
> not good for a server. Not everything can be bad in it. I suspect maybe the
> psu and/or the proc getting too hot since the heatsync has no fan on it by
> default.
>
> Chris

DeAnn Hess
ECC- Email Support Banker
Blackberry Tier1 and Tier2 Certified Technician