[SATLUG] Aspergers thoughts

Mary Yatti yatinhat at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 13:53:38 CDT 2008

I haven't posted in a while..but have been lurking from a distance..been too busy working..illnesses in family etc....

The topic of Aspergers piqued my interest so I thought I'd put my two sense in.

I have an 8 year old precious nephew diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder (supposedly means: high functioning autism).  He is a born gamer.  He appreciates and takes care of a good computer..so I built him a computer much better than the one I have.  Top of the line video card...etc...   He is a whiz at fixing software (not hardware) issues.  He spends hours studying and concentrating on his interests.  He is a good kid!!! Never in trouble like his siblings.  I think I'll take him swimming today...he is so pale from being on the computer all day (and night if parents don't catch him).

Take care,
Mary

http://www.maryyatti.com