[SATLUG] [OT] Aspergers thoughts OT (OT) {OT} |OT| <OT> "OT" 'OT' /OT/ \OT\

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:49:37 CDT 2008

On Sunday 22 June 2008 15:22:04 Dennis Myhand wrote:
> John Choate wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 June 2008 13:53:38 Mary Yatti wrote:
> >> I haven't posted in a while..but have been lurking from a distance..been
> >> too busy working..illnesses in family etc....
> >>
> >> The topic of Aspergers piqued my interest so I thought I'd put my two
> >> sense in.
> >>
> >> I have an 8 year old precious nephew diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder
> >> (supposedly means: high functioning autism).  He is a born gamer.  He
> >> appreciates and takes care of a good computer..so I built him a computer
> >> much better than the one I have.  Top of the line video card...etc...
> >> He is a whiz at fixing software (not hardware) issues.  He spends hours
> >> studying and concentrating on his interests.  He is a good kid!!! Never
> >> in trouble like his siblings.  I think I'll take him swimming today...he
> >> is so pale from being on the computer all day (and night if parents
> >> don't catch him).
> >>
> >> Take care,
> >> Mary
> >>
> >> http://www.maryyatti.com
> >
> > Are all of us AS people supposed to go swimming?
>
> I can't swim.

I'm not very good at it, but I can float for awhile (especially with my
recently-gained gut). I can swim much better under water than on top of it,
but my ears hurt like bloody hell if I go deeper than 6-8 feet. If I swim on
the surface like most people do, I end up taking a left turn into the side of
the pool. So I really do not enjoy swimming very much.