[SATLUG] Reduced Power Consumption

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 22:53:41 CDT 2008

Slightly off topic but I have been playing with low power consumption
lately on home computers. I recently purchased an Everex Green PC ($30
off on open box deal) and replaced the hard disk with an SD2IDE
adapter and a 2GB SD card. I installed Debian (with no X) on it,
removed the CD and hard drive and USB powered speakers and according
to my amp meter it uses between 11 and 22 Watts of power most of the
time. Not too shabby. I'm going to up the SD card to 8GB and install a
full desktop distro on it soon.

If anyone is interested in more details let me know.

-Jon