[SATLUG] looking for a prog that will do a batch rescale for photos

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 10:50:16 CDT 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 13:25:49 Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> My kids just had their birthday party this weekend and I have a ton of
> photos on my camera.  Unfortunately I had the settings set pretty high
> (3072x2304)  nice for printing out but bad for emailing.  I really do
> not want to have to go and individually resize each of these photos and
> was wondering if there was a prog out there that could do a batch resize
> to say 1280x960.
>
> thanks for any help
> Todd

Also, for KDE users, is a service menu called KIM which makes it easy to do
such operations with a GUI. Just select the files you want to resize and
right-click.... choose 'compress & resize' from actions and select desired
size (or compression%). It uses  ImageMagick and Mpegtools.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kim+(Kde+Image+Menu)?content=11505

http://jdchoate.mcn.org/snapshot01.png
http://jdchoate.mcn.org/snapshot02.png
http://jdchoate.mcn.org/snapshot03.png