[SATLUG] Re: Looking for a Linux Mentor

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:57:31 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 13:30 -0400, K. Reginald Buckner wrote:
> I am sure you seen my posts over ther past week or 2. I want to learn linux
> at a greater depth including programming. I was a SAC student and plan to
> return in the fall. However during the summer I m working on skills since I
> could not find an internship. I already understand command line basics and
> some installation/configuration.
> I have used Ubuntu, Puppy, Fedora and Suse Linux. Currently I have Open Suse
> 11 on a Dell Optiplex GX150, PIII 400mhz, 512 MB mem, 20GB hard drive that I
> am using as a desktop.

Do you have any programming experience? Which languages? What are your
ultimate goals for your computery experience? Are you looking to become
a sysadmin or a web developer or a security guru?

It's a little difficult to give advice without narrowing down your
interests. But just about any computer related question you could ask
can probably be answered here.

~Nate