[SATLUG] Wireless Driver Installation

Andy Pickens wg5o at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 25 11:50:06 CDT 2008

I was thrilled to receive the detailed guidance and visions of success
danced in my head ... but not for long:

"What other network devices are listed?"

eth0, eth1, sit0, and lo (local loopback, it says)

eth0 and eth1 are Ethernet cards that work, but are not in use.  I
cleaned up the local area by moving the 2wire modem to my hobby room
where it is connected to a little computer with Puppy installed.  (More
about that when the wireless works.)

Unfortunately, "iwlist wlan0 scan" gives "no scan results."   The thing
is the same card works fine with Windows XP.  My modem seems to be the
only station in range, but link info (in XP) says both the link quality
and signal strength are 100%.  Now what?

Andy