[SATLUG] Wireless Driver Installation

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Jun 25 12:12:02 CDT 2008

:"What other network devices are listed?"
eth0, eth1, sit0, and lo (local loopback, it says)
eth0 and eth1 are Ethernet cards that work, but are not in use. I
cleaned up the local area by moving the 2wire modem to my hobby room
where it is connected to a little computer with Puppy installed. (More
about that when the wireless works.)

Unfortunately, "iwlist wlan0 scan" gives "no scan results." The thing
is the same card works fine with Windows XP. My modem seems to be the
only station in range, but link info (in XP) says both the link quality
and signal strength are 100%. Now what?
Strange, from command line do (  iwlist scan  )  and tell me what you get.

How do you have your netowk preferences set-up?  The ssid needs to
match the network name (defined in scan results), and encryption has to
be thesame as the router.

_ . _  Lou