[SATLUG] Wireless Driver Installation

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Jun 25 19:03:00 CDT 2008

>Darn!  Thats not it. I rechecked:  sudo iwlist produces the previously
reported results, i.e. "no scan results" for wlan0 and  "Interface
doesn't support scanning" for the others.
More questions, relax, enjoy an adult beverage while we explore.

1. What router are you using ( manufacurer - model - essid ) ?

2. What Ubuntu 6.06 wifi application program are you using to
   configure the Encore adapter?

Little things mean a lot, an ommission and/or incorrect parameter
will keep it from connecting.  The wlan0 scan results show you're
transmitting, but not receiving anything.