[SATLUG] Wireless Driver Installation

Andy Pickens wg5o at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 25 22:05:57 CDT 2008

1. What router are you using ( manufacurer - model - essid ) ?

Ans.  2wire Home Portal 1000HW, 2wire905 (supplied by SBC, now AT&T).

2. What Ubuntu 6.06 wifi application program are you using to
   configure the Encore adapter?

Ans.  I'm using the tools built into Ubuntu 6.06.  I am uncertain about
some of the items, so here are most of the details:

Interface Properties
WIRELESS SETTINGS
    name: 2wire905
    Enable this connection: (checked)
    ESSID: 2wire905
    Key type: Hexadecimal
    WEP key:  (ten digits - the key assigned to the router)
CONNECTION SETTINGS
    Configuration:  DHCP
    IP address, Subnet mask, & Gateway address - blank
General
    Hostname: izzy (the name I gave my computer)
    Domain name: 127.0.1.1
DNS Servers: 172.16.0.1
Search Domains:  ::1 (I don't know how I arrived at that answer)
Hosts: A list of eight, each w/IP address & alias, including 127.0.1.1,
izzy.

Thanks.

Andy