[SATLUG] Xscreensaver problem

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:41:01 CDT 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008 11:35:28 Jeremy Mann wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:59 AM, John D Choate <jdchoate at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know the nvidia driver works because 3D games work fine for my user,
> > both natively and with wine.
>
> Do you have a DRI section in your Xorg.conf file?
>

> --
> Jeremy Mann
> jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

> Bioinformatics Core Facility
> http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu
> Phone: (210) 567-2672

Now that I think about it, I've never had a DRI section in any of my xorg.conf
files. A few years ago I think it might have been an Load "dri" option in
the "Module" section, but was never enabled and I remember being advised to
disable it if it was. DRI has not appeared in an xorg.conf file for me in a
long time... I think not since it was xfree86.conf or XF86Config.
Do ATI cards use it? Because nvidia does not.
To be more clear, the system I'm using to type this reply has nothing related
to DRI in its xorg.conf and all is well with all GL apps and screen savers
.