[SATLUG] Xscreensaver problem

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jun 26 15:55:16 CDT 2008

John D Choate wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2008 13:50:38 Jeremy Mann wrote:
>
>> It doesn't do anything but set the permissions of the DRI device. Its
>> something like:
>>

> Ok, that sounds like what I've done before:
> chmod 666 /dev/nvidia*
>
> I'm pretty sure I tried that but will do so again.

John I have same condition on this box before I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04
have not tested since I got around it by setting saver to blank screen
and turning power mgt to never never in System>Preferences>Screensaver>
PowerManagement. I got tired of fighting the same power mgt lock-ups I
had 3 yrs ago but I use this puter all the time it is powered on so I
lose little tiny amount maybe. sometime later on I will see if the
upgrade fixed this when it is 'nap time' LOL.
herb