[SATLUG] Wireless Driver Installation

Andy Pickens wg5o at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 26 15:56:02 CDT 2008

a. Don't mean to doubt you, but, are you sure XP had a wireless connection,
and that you weren't connected via your eth0 ~ eth1  LAN  cards?  Also
wonder how XP handled your WEP key, unless you input it (I know very
little about XP).

 Yes, I'm sure.  There are no Ethernet cables connected, and the
modem/router is in another room.

b. I saw an interesting post concerning your problem with Ubuntu 6.06
and Encore ENWI-G2.  Rather lengthy, so rather than regurgitate,
it, pull up the thread (below), digest it, and compare Sloppyjoe's
procedures with your configuration, his last post, #10 is how he solved it.

Actually, it had to do with ENUWI-G, a USB device, not ENLWI-G, the PCI card that I have.  also, the mfg's site had a Linux driver for my card, which I downloaded.  I ask my original question because I didn't know where to put it.  Apparently, where ever Ubuntu put it is OK.

Thank you very much, but don't loose sleep over this.

Andy