[SATLUG] Video Card Questions

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:00:17 CDT 2008

I am looking to upgrade my video card and am confused by some of the
terminology.  I'm sure someone on the list can help.

What I have is a system with a 350 watt power supply and a PCI-Express slot.
Overall, my system is fairly high end (3.2 GHz), but about 3 years old.

My present card (NVidia Qutdro NV37GL) is capable of 1920x1200 analog and
1600x1200 digital, but I would like to run two 1920x1200 monitors via twin DVI
connectors (or dual cards) as I get some horizontal ghosting using the analog

I do prefer nvidia as I am comfortable with the configuration for that card.

Doe anyone have any suggestions or advice?

   -- Bruce