[SATLUG] How can I reclaim unused space?

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Sat Jun 28 11:11:20 CDT 2008

pixelnate at gmail.com wrote:
> I have "reclaimed" about 20 GB out of the Vista partition on my laptop
> and I don't know how I can absorb that space into my linux partition. I
> tried to use gparted to create a new partition, but I already have 4
> primary partitions: /, swap, Vista main, Acer service partition. So I
> cannot just create a new primary partition. Is there any way to expand
> my / partition and absorb the extra 20GB?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nate

To my knowledge, you are going to have to delete the last primary
partition and create one logical partition with the rest of the space.
Then from that you can create as many extended partitions as you want.

As far as expanding a partition, you can only do that to the last
partition in the table to my knowledge.

Sam