[SATLUG] Texas Law

Jennifer Van Gorkom jennifervg at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 13:49:40 CDT 2008

> From: Joe Rose <jerosejr at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Texas Law
> Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
> Are they refering to a forensic investigation as opposed to
> more technical
> troubleshooting?  Definitely needs bettter definitions...

The law that the article seems to be talking about is 80(R) HB 2388.
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/html/HB02833F.htm

Another page that has the relevant section of the law highlighted is:
http://postprocess.wordpress.com/2007/07/17/will-lit-support-vendors-need-a-pi-license-in-texas/

If I read this right, tracking down what someone did to mess up their computer, or how it was hacked and by who would both be things I do on a regular basis that are totally normal in the computer world and would violate this law.