[SATLUG] Texas Law

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sat Jun 28 15:15:14 CDT 2008

> And I thought the Texas legislature was smarter than that.

Just curious but what state do you live in.  The Texas Legislature like
any other legislative body is made up of blood sucking lawyers
attempting to seek and advantage for themselves or their consituenties,
which often is not thier constituents but their fundraisers.
> I wonder how this affects commercial entities such as Geek Squad, and
> Circuit City's Firedog. Theoretically, they could only employ Private
> Investigators to do the work for them. I worked for them for a bit, and
> I promise you, I'm not a PI.
Theoretically it would affect them quite a lot.  In reality it seems
that it doesn't affect them all that much.  Its one of those laws that
is on the books to make it look like the our legislators are out their
protecting your privacy.  Plus I would not be surprised that when you
give your computer to Geek Squad they have you sign a release which
allows them to skirt this law.

Todd