[SATLUG] Looking for software

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jun 28 22:00:12 CDT 2008

On 6/28/08, Borries Demeler wrote:

>  Brad, thanks for the information. In my original e-mail I was looking
>  for a free gpl program. I am thinking of a GPL project with a maturity
>  like mailman or squirrelmail. Can you recommend any WebDAV application
>  that falls into this category?

Well, I wouldn't necessarily discount Zimbra, since it is freely
available.  Alternatively, there maybe others in the same space
(perhaps OpenExchange or Scalix) that might be more palatable to you.

WebDAV is an IETF standard, so I'm sure there are some
open-source/GPL implementations of both WebDAV servers and clients,
and clients could easily upload files and send e-mail messages
including URLs to the uploaded files.  In this respect, WebDAV is not
that different from FTP, although I think it is probably easier to
use.

The real issue here is how to tie programs together that implement
these IETF standards so that this process becomes something that is
done for you automatically.