[SATLUG] Wifi help

Jeff Holt jeffholt at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 17:19:33 CST 2008

In September, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1420n with Ubuntu 7.4.  Until last month, I could connect to wireless networks.  Last month, I put the laptop into roam mode and visited an open wifi hot spot.  When I returned home, I turned eth1 off roam to discover that it had disconnected.

I have WiFi radar installed, and I can see my wireless network.  But under Connection Properties, eth1 shows as disconnected.

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10 hoping that would fix things, but eth 1 is still disconnected.

Any help would be appreciated, and would prevent me buying a copy of Windows to get wireless to work.

Jeff

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from allobligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATEDagreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptableuse policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with youremployer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity,without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You furtherrepresent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUSAGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.