[SATLUG] .xsession-errors

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Mon Mar 3 05:48:26 CST 2008

Robert Pearson wrote:
> herb,
>
> The ".xsession-errors" is a good one to know about if you are having
> xsession errors.
> Otherwise I recommend just ignoring it. I have tried several times
> over the years to have an empty or blank .xsession-errors file.
> It might stay empty or blank until the next reboot and then it starts
> with new errors uncovered by fixing the old errors.
> Or you do updates and things are out of sync again.
> It is very useful and a good place to start looking for a real "X"
> problem. If you have one.
>
> The short answer is that most of these errors are generated because of
> the newer "xorg" code and the original core "X" code that no one wants
> to re-write. They do fix all the "Fatal" and "Severe" errors. The
> "Warning" and "Informational" errors are left to posterity.

Thanks Robert, I read where one fellow filled his disk up and found the
file had grown to 50GB, I deleted the contents, so I will keep an eye on
it. Knowing it is there and informational helps .... sigh ... I have so
much reading stacked up, glad to know this can go on the 'till I have
to' list, lol.
herb