[SATLUG] XCSSA Pre-GPG Keysigning Party "To-Do Steps" (if you want your key signed March 17th)

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Mon Mar 3 11:34:42 CST 2008

Quoting ed <horned0wl93 at gmail.com>:

> This a great response, and I've saved the web site for later perusal,
> but it doesn't address my primary questions:
>
> 1. Once I've generated a key-pair (and I have...), how do I find the
> fingerprint, aside from the screen shot I saved?

gpg --fingerprint [email or key-id]

> 2. Do I need to do a separate key-pair/fingerprint for each email
> address I use?

Nope. You can add multiple email addresses to the key. I don't recall
how to do it, so i'd say look at the manpage (RTFM, it's what I do :P)

> 3. Since I can't make the signing party due to teaching commitments, how
> can I get them signed?

You'll have to work out that with someone. Usually you'd have to meet
with the people. The point of the party is to entice people to come
with pizza and socialization ;D

> 4. What then?

You can use the key to sign your mails to the satlug mailing list :D

--
David Kowis