[SATLUG] XCSSA Pre-GPG Keysigning Party "To-Do Steps" (if you want your key signed March 17th)

tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Tue Mar 4 23:56:26 CST 2008

Hey Ed..

Sorry I didn't reply to any of your questions (my laptop's fried and I've been
a bit busy as of late)... anyway, it sounds like David and others have helped
you along with preparing your key for the keysigning party.  Super.

On Monday 03 March 2008 13:26, ed wrote:
> Strangely enough, I stumbled into the interactive command structure
> about as soon as I sent off this response.  So now, I have all my email
> addresses included in my key/fingerprint -- at least, they show up when
> I do a gpg fingerprint [email] in a terminal.  What next?

Just follow steps 2-3 on the xcssa.org page and you'll be good.

As for what you can Do with your GPG keys.. we went over that at last month's
XCSSA meeting.  Everything from encrypted & digitally signed emails, to file
based encryption, full disk (block level) encryption, and even touched on
file obfuscation using seganography (hiding files within other files).  Fun
stuff.

[adding a photo]
> > The key probably isn't too large. I've never added a photo, so
>
> Actually, I think I'll pass on this one.  My signature is likely large
> enough.

I added a small-res PNG to mine.. just to see what it was like.  It's pretty
cool. :)

See ya at the party.. :)

All other SATLUGgers welcome too..

and BTW David.. We have Pizza at ALL XCSSA events.. Have for 10+ years. ;)

Tweeks