[SATLUG] Sierra Aircard 595U and Linux GPS

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Wed Mar 5 16:45:26 CST 2008

I have Novatels (u727, EX720, S720)  myself.  I have not found anyone who
has been able to use the GPS capability in Linux.  The Stompbox had to add
an external GPS receiver to add that capability, even though they had a card
that has a GPS port).  All that I have read indicates that there is a
port-knocking-like sequence sent by the software to allow comm with the GPS
port, but nobody has determined how to hold their ear while rubbing their
right toe and wiggling left thumb.  I would love to capitalize on that
capability as well (incidentally, the phones with GPS have the same issue,
but maybe a different cause).

Please share if you do find an answer!