[SATLUG] podcast saving to file

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sat Mar 8 16:12:49 CST 2008

I am trying to capture the output of a podcast from the command line,
but am not sure how to capture the stream to a file I can play back later.
I can open the link in firefox and play it on my computer, but there is no
option to capture the podcast as a file, although the entire stream according
to the application is buffered on the playing application. How do I do that?

I was sort of successful just recording it, but that requires to play the entire
show, and the sound was somewhat distorted. I'd rather save the streamed
data to file - any way to do that?

Thanks, -Borries