[SATLUG] May 10 LOCC Computer Show ideas...

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:20:01 CDT 2008

At this past LOCC computer show, Nathan and Don batted around the idea
of demonstrating graphics manipulation under Linux for the May 10 show.
I think that's a great suggestion.  Ideas bounced from demonstrating
GIMP all the way though showing how Linux handles Google Earth.  All the
ideas fronted have great potential.

However, nobody (including me) suggested showing how Linux handles
digital camera photos -- a personal hobby of mine.  I didn't even think
of it until I got home from the event.

I'd be willing to contribute that subject, if y'all think it would
help.  Nothing would be more instant to the crowds than taking a photo
of a visitor, loading it into a Linux computer, cropping, detailing, and
printing out a professional quality picture or portrait.  Whaddya think?