[SATLUG] Amazon's iTunes alternative for linux

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:57:10 CDT 2008

I actually got to try this about a week before it came out (I know
someone who knows someone at Amazon. *Shhhhh*).

I got it working by installing the 64bit dependencies so that the deb
would install with --force-architecture but it still would not run. I
then installed all the dependencies on a 32bit system and copying the
libraries over to my 64bit system which then let it run fine. A pain,
yes, but it works.

As for the program itself, I was expecting more. All it is a
downloader. However, thats all it was supposed to be so I shouldn't
complain. It does what it does very well (do one thing and do it
well). It is an improvement over downloading from the site manually
and a HUGE improvement for downloading whole albums. All in all I
recommend using it rather than iTunes if for the DRM reasons alone.

-Jon