[SATLUG] Harvard server gets hacked, hacker makes an example of them

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:20:11 CDT 2008

I was a harvard student during that time and wonder if my data got
jacked.  I noticed that they did run some ubuntu server, not that it
has anything to do with the hack.  They had it relatively locked down
too...

On 3/13/08, Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gotta love it when an Ivy League school eats dirt...
>
> http://www.smbtechadvice.com/2008/03/harvard-server-breach-exposes-personal.html
>
> --
> Ernest de Leon
> http://www.smbtechadvice.com
>
> "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety." - A common 18th Century sentiment
> voiced by Benjamin Franklin
>
> "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
> government." - Edward Abbey
>
> "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -
> Edmund Burke, English statesman and political philosopher (1729-1797)

Kristian Erik Hermansen
--
"It has been just so in all my inventions. The first step is an
intuition--and comes with a burst, then difficulties arise. This thing