[SATLUG] Christmas wish list

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sat Mar 15 22:17:00 CDT 2008

Geoff wrote:
> David Kowis wrote:
>> | Yes, quad-core and I've got it overclocked from 2.66Ghz to 3.0Ghz. The
>> | Q6600 is running $249.99 on Newegg. Mine is at $539.99. I've heard
>> | that's it's pretty easy to overclock the Q6600 to 3.0Ghz as well.
>>
>> Grr, you people with disposable income :P
>

> Where I live, we have a word for people like that...
>
> We call 'em "Northsiders"

I did spend too much on my system since I won't really be able to use
all of its horsepower for probably a couple of years. I do have to say
that this was the first big purchase I made after paying off a ton of
debt. It was the result of working lots of extra hours doing independent
consulting stuff. I don't know how many weeks I spent working 80+ hours,
but it paid off. I'm now out of the AF now with a great job and no
debt... not to mention a freakin' sweet system.

And if by Northsiders you mean, Austin, then yeah, that's where I am
now. I guess that would be REEEEAAAAALY northside. ;)