[SATLUG] Puppy Linux

Geoff geoff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sun Mar 16 13:51:22 CDT 2008

ed wrote:

>>> All I can say is that it is really hard to have been around Linux since
>>> 88.  However, I know what you mean.
>>>
>>>   -- Bruce
>>>

>> I'm aware of CLI-driven linux being out there at least in '91.  'had an
>> old friend who was a Linux programmer...

Back in the BBS days, when data was transferred via copper phone wires
and modems, NOS (network operating system) was out.  It was around
1990/1991.  I used JNOS (there were other variants) for using tcp/ip
over packet radio.  A few years later, there was a Fidonet variant of
the software, called FNOS.

Walt DuBose/K5YFW might have a better time-frame on when JNOS was popular.

BTW, Walt - whatever happened to Lee/N5LYT?
QRZ.com still has him listed in Boerne...

--
-Geoff/W5OMR