[SATLUG] Ubuntu and AMD64/Geoforce 6100

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:03:15 CDT 2008

Ed,

I am not an Ubuntu user, but my first suggestion would be to make sure that
the link points to the correct binary. When you install the factory NVidia
drivers they should come with whatever extra config program NVidia supplies.
You should make sure that the "System->Appearance->Visual Effects" link
points to those NVIdia binaries that came with the driver you downloaded,
and not point to some Ubuntu package that is incompatible with your video card.

Check the installation log to see where nvidia installed those additional
binaries that you can use to manipulate the settings of your card, once you
found them, edit the menu so it points to the correct link, or symlink the
nvidia apps to the ubuntu apps.

-Borries