[SATLUG] Ubuntu and AMD64/Geoforce 6100

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Mar 17 12:02:50 CDT 2008

> April 18th! They haven't even released a beta yet. I am as anxious as
> the next guy to run Hardy (finally desktop effects with an Intel X3100
> gpu), but they could wait at least until May or June. Maybe it will be
> bug-free by the time it's released, but I normally don't like to run
> brand new software when it's brand new.
I am writing this on my Lenovo y510 which is running Hardy alpha 6 and
it is remarkably stable.  Full visual goodies.  I even have mythtv
running on it. There are a few minor issues, such as my monitor dimmer
is reversed (when I hit brighten it dims and vice versa) and I am still
trying to get the surround 5.1 fully working.  Other then that its
pretty good.  The real test though will be getting it running on my old