[SATLUG] The Old Computer Days, WAS Puppy Linux

Nathan nathan at gvtc.com
Mon Mar 17 15:17:16 CDT 2008

I wonder if you would mind if the thread name got changed. If someone is looking up information in the arrives and trying to find info on Puppy Linux, what is being said in the thread has noting to do with it.

Yes, I go back many years with computers and electronics, and have many good memories. The early ones I worked on were slow and used lots of power to do what a solar powered calculator can do today. I have lost track of the operating systems and program languages I have worked with.

There were times when 16 Kb memory was more memory then you could ever use. Model 33's were the best in I/O. Reel to reel tape was the latest in long term mass storage.

But the best memories are the people, then ones that helped me learn, and understand what computers were all about.

Nathan Oxhandler