[SATLUG] Ubuntu and AMD64/Geoforce 6100

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Mar 17 15:22:30 CDT 2008

lts support is for three years.  the current dapper kernel is 2.6.11.2
the current Gutsy Kernel is 2.6.22.14.21 the old fiesty kernel is
2.6.20.16.28.1. The Hardy kernel is 2.6.24.12.13.
the pattern that I noticed is that feisty will upgrade but will do so
within 2.6.20...I am sure that one could g2.6.24.12.13et it to upgrade
to 2.6.22...but then one might as well upgrade to Gutsy.  So while there
is support for the 2.6.20 (for the next 6 months) this kernel is not the
most updated kernel within the Ubuntu family.
If I am wrong about this please explain.
Todd