[SATLUG] Frikin sweet robot!

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:03:21 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 09:38 -0500, Brian Lewis wrote:
> Nate, I think you forgot to put your tinfoil hat on when you woke up
> this morning?

No, I have it with me at all times. What other interest would DARPA have
in a robot like that other than to mame, kill, subjugate human beings?
Have you seen the other Boston Dynamics robots on Youtube? They are
autonomous weapons platforms.

Look at p58 of the March 2008 issue of Popular Mechanics (published by
the [cough]Hearst Company), entitled "Ultimate Fighting Machines." The
government has already said that they want autonomous robots that can
decide when to shoot to kill without interference from humans. They now
have small robots, thanks to iRobot and Boston Dynamics, medium sized
robots, thanks again BostonD, and they even have autonomous cars that
can roam the streets of anytown, USA, packing enough armament to take
out a city. The only thing missing from the YouTube videos are the
weapons package that they will be carrying. Again, what do you think
these robots are being built for? Certainly not to replace Aibo.

Thanks, MIT nerds, for providing the [cough] leaders of the world with
the most efficient and adaptable killing machines known to man. Way to
go! At least the Japanese use their robot skills to help the elderly and
infirm.

~Nate