[SATLUG] 3d effects and ATi

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 01:41:01 CDT 2008

2008/3/1 Don Crowder <donguitar at gmail.com>:
>  > Robert Pearson wrote:
>  >> I've heard many good things about Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS on this list
>  >> and others.
>  >> The goal is to move my sister from Windows 2000 to Linux.
>  >> At the moment I have experience with Ubuntu but not PCLinuxOS.
>  >> Is there anything that would give PCLinuxOS the edge over Ubuntu for
>  >> this migration?
>  >> Or vice-versa?
>  My wife and I feel that switching from Windows to Linux is easier with
>  KDE than with Gnome everybody I know has developed an instant preference
>  for one or the other in short order so, since both are live CDs, why not
>  give her copies of both and let her play with them herself.  Then
>  install whichever she likes best.

Don, I'm a big fan of the work you are doing migrating people from
Windows to Linux.
Keep up the good work. Here is some of my recent experience.

I just finished playing with PuppyLinux and it is an excellent replacement,
or upgrade from, Windows. Wonderful fun to play with.

My real loves are PCLinuxOS, both the Gnome and KDE versions. Those are the
two finest implementations of Gnome and KDE I have seen to date.
I like either of those PCLinuxOS implementations better than Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy.
Ubuntu still has a hands down edge in package management, updates and their
Firefox browser.