[SATLUG] Java SSH Web Applet

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:45:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:27 AM, Samuel Leon <satlug at net153.net> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good free java ssh applet like this one:
>  http://www.netspace.org/ssh/
>  I am getting bored at work and I think all outgoing ports except port 80
>  is blocked and to get port 80 access you have to go through an internal
>  proxy.  I am thinking that if I bury one of these java ssh applets in a
>  password protected section of my home website I will be able to get
>  shell access and be able to hack stuff at home while I am at work.
>  Thanks,
>  Sam

If you have a login to the proxy (I'm assuming that you do to be able
to surf) you can setup putty to use the proxy, or another solution is
to use this site, get the connect.c program, and configure your
ssh_config to use the binary to go through the proxy.

Both options have worked from me where I found myself in the same situations.