[SATLUG] Frikin sweet robot! (sick)

Lance Crowder lance_e_crowder at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:24:57 CDT 2008

~Nate

Neccessity is the Mother of Invention.  Unfortunatly, war is neccissary to protect our lives and freedoms.  Most technologies were created to fulfill a warrriors needs.  Including our beloved computers, networks, and even the tech that became the Internet.  The first electronic computers were built to calculate the trajectories of Artillary rounds.  We have found a market for the peacefull uses of all these technologies and more.  Yet, even in our peacefull use we have need for defense (Anti-Virus, Firewalls and IDS's).  We will find peacefull uses for the Robots and Exeoskeletons in these movies as well.  And we will find need to defend ourselfs from people who wish to use them to harm us.

On another note.  In a previous posting you mentioned using this Tech to create better prostetics for the "Kids" comming home from war.  While I appreciate your concern for the American Warriors that have been injured, I also want to remind you that it is insulting to call aduts "Children".  We are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and (personally) Marines.  By definition we are men and women who have become warriors.  Please support us, even if not the wars we fight.  But please don't insult us, especcialy those of us who have fallen injured or dead.

Thank you

Lance Crowder> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Frikin sweet robot! (sick)> From: pixelnate at gmail.com> To: satlug at satlug.org> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:52:43 -0500> > > On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 15:38 -0500, ed wrote:> > > > > > See also my comment about "Imperial Walkers." Why do ya s'pose we look> > first to war and people control with any new technology?> > > Because those paying the bills are bent on killing us all and keeping> the world for themselves. That is the reason for the robots, soldiers> are just too expensive, what with all the armor and equipment and> healthcare and all.> > It looks to me like a bear market is in store for foot soldiers.> > > > ~Nate> > -- > _______________________________________________> SATLUG mailing list> SATLUG at satlug.org> http://alamo.satlug.org/mailman/listinfo/satlug to unsubscribe> Powered by Rackspace (www.rackspace.com)