[SATLUG] Frikin sweet robot! (sick)

pixelnate pixelnate at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:15:05 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 10:24 -0500, Lance Crowder wrote:
> ~Nate
>

> Unfortunatly, war is neccissary to protect our lives and freedoms.

I highly disagree. You cannot prove that. If you studied the history of
money, and those that control it, you would find that wars are fought
for exactly the opposite reasons. They are always reason for massive
loss of life, predominantly of young men, and the citizens of the
countries involved are always forced to endure the loss of their
freedoms. Ask any of the Asian Americans that were sent to camps during
WWII. War is used as a means of control by those with power against
those without. As long as this country is at war, those that run the
country can find reason to control us.

Do yourself a favor and read Ray Bradbury's 1984. Go in with an open
mind and read it to the end. Listen to the message that the author is
providing, and you will find the real reason that we are always at war.

> Most technologies were created to fulfill a warrriors needs.

That is sad indeed. With all of the potential in the human spirit, it is
disturbing that we focus that wonderful gift on something so destructive
and pointless.

> The first electronic computers were built to calculate the trajectories of Artillary rounds.

I am well aware of UNIVAC, ENIAC, et. al.

> We will find peacefull uses for the Robots and Exeoskeletons in these movies as well.

If you mean by sending these technologies to the local law "enforcement"
then you misunderstand the meaning of peaceful.

> And we will find need to defend ourselfs from people who wish to use them to harm us.

Like those who control the money supply: Ben Bernacke and his
controllers, the bankers in the City of London, the Rothschilds? I am
afraid you will find that it is they who are funding the creation of
these machines precisely to harm us.

> On another note.  In a previous posting you mentioned using this Tech to create better prostetics for the "Kids" comming home from war.  While I appreciate your concern for the American Warriors that have been injured, I also want to remind you that it is insulting to call aduts "Children".

An 18 year old with 6 weeks of boot camp behind them does not an adult
or hero make. The vast majority of those returning from the Middle East
with fewer limbs than they left with are scarcely two decades old. When
the average lifespan of a modern man is more than 80 years, a person
with a mere 20 years behind them (and only two or three away from their
parents) is truly still a child.

> We are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and (personally) Marines.  By definition we are men and women who have become warriors.

I despise that term. As someone who has sworn to uphold the
Constitution, not once, but twice, against enemies foreign and domestic,
I would think you would refer to yourself more readily as a defender of
that important document and the freedoms listed within it, than one who
wages war. Any mercenary can wage war. Any despicable wretch can wage
war and kill another person. I would be loathe to ascribe to the belief
that my father and father-in-law were little more than warriors. It
would destroy me to the core to see them in such a terrible light.

> Please support us, even if not the wars we fight.  But please don't insult us, especcialy those of us who have fallen injured or dead.

I do support the troops. I support the fact that we need to defend our
country against those that would do it harm. It is an unfortunate
reality that the enemies that we need to be defended from are those that
run the country from DC, from Jupiter Island and Hobe Sound, from New
York and from London. The only way to support the troops is to demand
that they be brought home.

~Nate