[SATLUG] Home NAS Solutions

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 08:18:47 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm not looking to start any flame wars, just trying to see what
people are running in the Home NAS arena, why you picked it, and what
your experiences are with it.

I've been looking at the Western Digital "My Book" collection, and
just found the Netgear series.  I'm looking for something like a
multiple drive chasis that I can use firewire possibly to connect to.
I don't need any fluff like it having a built in OS/Web browser, etc
that I would probably never use.  I just need something that Ubuntu
will recognize and use and that might be possible to mirror.  Oh yeah,
and price is a factor  :)

Ed