[SATLUG] 1984, Robots, the Military and Technology

toddwbucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Mar 21 12:56:29 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 12:21 -0500, Geoff wrote:
> skolars wrote:
> > Geeezzzz Brian, does that iPhone not have a delete button?
> > There are many other things in the world to get upset about.
> > Personally, I find this thread interesting.
> >

> I tried telling him a -long- time ago, that no one was really interested
> in his opinion.

Really from the conversation it seems that you are the only one not
interested in the conversation or the opinions discussed thus far on
this thread.  I, like Steve, find this conversation very interesting,
even when I don't necessarily agree with the opinions stated by either
side. So on what basis do you determine that "no one is interested" in
anyone else's opinion.
> > - --
> >

> I reiterated it, today (because it seems he can't remember)
>
> > "Home of the Free *because* of the Brave"
> > Let us not forget ALL of our living veterans:
> > WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Afganistan,
> > MIAs, and ALL others who have gone before.
>
> Every day of Freedom, is a GREAT Day to Thank a Vet.
> (But, that doesn't give them exclusive permission to bitch about things
> they can't control)
so this precludes him from complaining about these things.  So where
does he get permission to complain? you? are you the arbitrator of who
gets to complain and who doesn't? IF so where does your so called
authority rest?  Seems to me that he has as much right to complain as
you do to complain about his complaining?

written from my Lenovo y510, from my front porch, while smoking a
square.

Todd